Tuesday 29 October 2013

Be patient...

I am constantly being told, ‘be patient.’

Is it because I have a constant look of disdain on my face having shown up for meetings that supposedly begin at 8/8.30am but actually start any time between 11:00 – 13:00 and then last beyond 15:00 – my stomach rumbling and eyes failing me for not understanding what on earth is going on in the meeting for it being held in Kinyarwanda?  Could this be why I’m being told to, ‘be patient.’

Or is it the fact that at a moment’s notice, I am told that I should have been somewhere or done something without being informed prior to the present conversation that I am needed?

Or travel times that take the whole day to plan and execute even though theoretically it should only take a couple of hours maximum…

Or perhaps…

I moan.  This is not what my blog is for.

What I do know is that my expectations and the expectations upon me are so very different.  Maybe I should be thankful that actually I am involved in meetings, that my mere presence is enough to tick a box of some form or other; that I am given a voice (sometimes) – and that most of the time I am heard.  I have come to realise that when students/staff have requests that they wish to make to ‘the boss’, I am asked to speak to him because he is more likely to look upon ‘my’ requests favourably – why is it that my opinion/voice is heard over theirs?  I am in a privileged position in so many different, if not in most areas of life here just because I am foreign.

Be patient May.

I started to sort out the Teacher Resource Centre (TRC), 'my office' - but was told that I'm being moved - 'be patient May' - or perhaps, stop being so hasty to organise things!



I patiently waited for these three dresses to be made - as have you for the photos that I promised.  (Roughly costing me £10 each...)


Whilst waiting 'patiently' for the meeting this morning, Saundo and I took photos - here she is modelling my sunnies.


And here I am trying to be constructive whilst I wait for another meeting to take place - be patient May!


2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog. They are full of emotions, observation, compassion and humours. Your faith and willingness to obey and grow in Him are all inevitable that they are so encouraging to read. :-)
    Lovely dresses and lovely smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in your new dresses.

    ReplyDelete