Thursday 5 September 2013

Last evening ponderings...

Last evening in London.  I'm still packing.  I've got the first lesson of VSO online Kinyarwanda training on repeat in the background (local language spoken in Rwanda)...NOTHING HAS GONE IN!?!?  I was supposed to have started this course at least 5 weeks ago - and as with everything I've left it to the last minute.  Oops.  Nothing I can do now but am feeling very frustrated with myself.  Not exactly a good example as a teacher :(

I've packed one whole suitcase full of toiletries, medicines and food and the other with my clothes, shoes AND motorbike helmet (which has taken up at least half of my case!)  It's difficult to know WHAT to pack.  I didn't get the waterproofs as wisely suggested by another volunteer...forgot about that completely am now thinking whether or not I should go and get some tomorrow morning?!?  Eek.

It's been an emotional week.  I don't think there's been a day without tears.  Saying goodbye (or 'farewell for now') is hard - you'd think that having done it so many times before I'd be ok but it just gets harder every time!

My flight is at 8pm tomorrow eve, I have a stop over in Nairobi and then land into Kigali around 8.20am on Saturday.  

So, things to pray for:

  • God's provision & guidance - I know it was ME who should have started preparing for this at least a month ago but time has just passed me by!  Pray that I'll be able to keep up with the language training upon arrival - else there will be (more) tears.
  • Reassurance for my family - it's hard to see your youngest child/sibling go to an unfamiliar country with only the news to inform you about it.  (Rwanda's (recent) history has only been of something distressing - but rest assured, recovery and development is what it is known for now - as well as it being the only place to see mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.)  I guess with me being so un-informed about where I'm going and what I'm doing, it's been hard to share information with my family (and sometimes friends) to allay fears.  But I am confident that God has it mapped out...
  • Finally for health - I have the dodgiest/weakest stomach around.  Pray that I will be wise in what I eat and drink and that I will not suffer from any illness throughout my orientation time.
With this I leave you.  Thank you for all your kind messages, donations and gifts.  It is greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if I haven't thanked you personally.  Until I arrive in Kigali...God Bless Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment