Tuesday 10 September 2013

Delayed post


The sun comes up it’s a new day dawning
It’s time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

Chorus:
Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I’ll worship Your holy name

You’re rich in love
And you’re slow to anger
Your name is great and Your heart is kind
For all your goodness, I will keep on singing
10000 reasons for my heart to find

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing your praise unending
10000 years and then forever more

10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman

This was the song that I woke to on the morning of my flight date.  It was not playing out loud for all to hear yet my ears still heard it even though it was simply playing in my head.  It was the perfect song, taking the words right out of my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m now here in Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda.  I’m not sure it really hit me that I was in Africa till we drove past a woman carrying a heavy load on her head.  I struggled with trying to lift my 23kg suitcase onto the scales at check-in and here was a very thin lady, carrying what looked like far more than that on her head!?!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that VSO have put us up in a guest-house where I have my own room (score!), with electricity AND a shower!  I should not get used to this as I have been informed that my actual accommodation when I arrive in my village has none of these luxuries, with a latrine-toilet outside and a water tank 50metres from my home - it's not ideal but in the back of my mind, this is what I was expecting, only I'd hope it wasn't the case...

So far I've had 1 lesson in Kinyarwanda and it's going ok but am figuring that in my village I will HAVE to learn it to fully get around.  I found my GCSE French today completely useless when I was unable to explain the problem I was having with my phone...

That's me for now - I have so much MORE to write, but I must dash for my next training session!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to find you here!
    I got very emotional when I read through your past posts. It is a nice song. I will add it to my favourite worship songs.
    just wanted to say thank you that I happened to read your blog today. Your faith and prayer has encouraged me a lot.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete