Friday 13 September 2013

Kigali Life

This is the road outside my guesthouse...


Me on a mototaxi...


My Kinyarwanda is coming along, slowly but surely.  It's strange being the student, reminds me how difficult it is to learn something new from scratch.  Lots of repetition and inventive ways to make concepts stick - makes me reflect upon my own practice.  The real test is when I'm trying to manoeuvre my way around the city.  As a foreigner, we (the other volunteers and I) are often stared at and spoken to by random people.  People here are very accommodating and despite the language barriers, there is much amusement and joy to be had in the randomness of conversations.  (I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough...)

For now I leave you with this:
I liked this wall display in the phone shop, the slogan at the bottom is very poignant - 
'It's not how far we have come but how far we can go.'




No comments:

Post a Comment