Thursday 19 June 2014

Something more upbeat

Five things that make me smile and am thankful for…(in no particular order)

1.  My neighbours - the joy on their faces when they see either Jacko or myself everyday is priceless:

(Photo taken by Jacko)

2.  My housemate, Jacko Oosterhof - a person, (if you will recall from earlier posts) I was not keen in receiving (sorry Jacko) - but he has been such a blessing in my life.  A man who has big ears and a massive heart…simply thank you :)  I will be sad to lose you in a couple of weeks time :(

(Taken on Safari)

This is an early photo of Jacko only having arrived for a week or two...


3.  My (our) house, the beautiful scenery I am surrounded by and the amazing sunrises/sunsets and stars that I see each day…






4.  My crazy VSO family - words cannot express how much joy these people have brought me over the last few months…



 
These were taken in our first days here in Rwanda - some have sadly left Rwanda and many more have joined...

Friends who dress up on special occasions:  Mike's bday…rice sack party

Friends to share food with :)

Especially on holiday :) - Zinger Tower Burgers at 6am!  :)

Friends I make resources with

Friends I've journeyed together with from London trainings!  (Bon Voyage Claire…see you back in London town!)

Friends who invade a small village :) (More importantly, friends who travel for hours and brave coming out to visit us out in the sticks…)

Friends to go to the cinema with - a rare luxury when in the capital city, Kigali.

Friends to do cultural things with…like going to art galleries :) - again in Kigali...

Friends to simply be silly with

Friends to go rainforest trekking with :) - Miss you already Steph

And finally, friends who holiday together

5.  Lastly, my colleagues and local friends (There are many more male colleagues than female ones…) - they cause the extremities of emotions within me, but that's when I know I care...














There are many more things/people that make me smile everyday…life isn't all that bad here :)

I'll finish with the prayer (with minor additions) that we used to say at school before lunch…

For good friends, (new days, days ending, beautiful sights) and good food, we/I thank you LORD, 
Amen.










No comments:

Post a Comment